The affair-stricken mid-aged male characters from Mills & Boons novels never gets bitten by a genetically mutated insect. He doesn’t get into a cloaked superhero costume. Neither do they fly around saving New York from air-borne alien species invading from the outer space?
That would be weird. Why? The characters portrayed in these categories of novels usually abide by certain narrative boundaries. They highlight the shades of sentiments, emotions, love, romance, erotica, split-ups, heartbreaks, etc.
From Steamy Romance To Alien Species
Authors and creative writers usually align themselves with a particular genre of writing. Romantic authors, sci-fi thrillers, mystery and suspense writers.
Freelancing: Versatility Defines Prosperity
The scene is significantly different for Freelancer writers such as ourselves. We have no strict genre or specialization. From chiropractic care and natural nutrition to brokerage firms and travel destinations, we diligently cover the whole wide spectrum. The writing assignments comprise digital marketing campaigns, blog posts, landing pages, email campaigns, social media posts, white papers, and university assignments.
We Have Super-Powers; Just A Slight Tinge
Are we that knowledgeable? No. The Gods reluctantly gifted us with a slight negligible tinge of super-powers.
- We dig through the internet for days finding out appropriate reading materials.
- We extract snippets that are relevant to our assignment.
- We note down credible source URLs for referencing purposes.
- We (smartly) rewrite the snippets in a logically coherent way to produce a draft version.
- We apply necessary formatting including headings, sub-headings, bullets, indentations, etc.
- We highlight keywords (n case of SEO) in red.
- We proofread and further refine the content. Adding or removing sentences as appropriate.
- We run the articles through plagiarism checkers and Grammarly.
- We add hyperlinked referencing or any specific referencing formats (APA or Harvard) as requested by the client.
- The final article is ready.
Feeling Comfortable? That’s Bad!!
Yes. Over the last few years, I have personally developed certain comfort zones when it comes to industries and segments we write for. That’s obvious because the influx of assignments pertaining to popular trending categories such as digital marketing, cryptocurrencies, physical wellness, natural nutrition, etc. is significantly more. At least when compared to less trending industries such as carpet cleaning and pet care.
Having written 500+ articles on concepts of digital marketing such as SEO, sales funnels, conversion rates, customer lifetime value, video marketing, predictive analysis, data mining, cross-selling, etc. I might as well have the audacity of branding myself as a ‘penultimate expert’ in these domains. The same goes for female wellness and natural nutrition.
Though, we are still a very versatile team. The last few weeks have seen a major surge in online casino assignments including casino landing pages, video and progressive slot reviews, video poker and roulette reviews, mobile gambling blogs, T&C pages, etc.
Getting too comfortable slows you down. The sheer unpredictability associated with the variety of writing assignments acts as a driving force. Be motivated!! Keep working.